Prep 30 mins
Cook 24 hrs
Recipe from Sure.Jell
- 1 cup fresh strawberries
- 1 cup rhubarb
- 4 cups sugar, measured into separate bowl
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 (1 3/4 ounce) box fruit pectin
- RINSE clean plastic containers and lids with boiling water. Dry thoroughly.
- STEM and crush strawberries thoroughly, one layer at a time. Measure exactly 1 cup strawberries into large bowl. Cut rhubarb into 2-inch pieces. Finely chop or grind fruit. Measure exactly 1 cup rhubarb. Add to strawberries; mix well. Stir in sugar. Let stand 10 min., stirring occasionally.
- MIX water and pectin in small saucepan. Bring to boil on high heat, stirring constantly. Boil and stir 1 minute Add to fruit mixture; stir 3 minute or until sugar is dissolved and no longer grainy. (A few sugar crystals may remain.).
- FILL all containers immediately to within 1/2 inch of tops. Wipe off top edges of containers; immediately cover with lids. Let stand at room temperature 24 hours. Jam is now ready to use. Store in refrigerator up to 3 weeks or freeze extra containers up to 1 year. Thaw in refrigerator before using.
The taste is good, but it separated as it set. It's like a jelly on the bottom of the jar and a jam on top? Any suggestions?
This is wonderful. It is easy, delicious and I will keep making this over and over again. My husband didn't like the last batch of Strawberry Jam I made. But this, he just loves. I put the rhubarb and strawberries in the blender with a little water, about 3 tablespoons and chopped them. Then added the sugar, and followed the rest of the directions. I made this a week ago and made 2 quarts. I am down to about 1/3 the 2nd quart. I will be making more this weekend. This is THE BEST!