This was my Grandmothers recipe, we all love it! You can adjust the sweetness by the amount of strawberries you add. You will need 3 cups of fruit in total, but if you want a more tart pie, use more rhubarb than strawberries. I have posted this with exactly 1/2 and 1/2.
- Place rhubarb in a bowl and cover with boiling water for about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, with a mixer, mix sugar, egg, butter and flour until smooth.
- Strain rhubarb well.
- With wooden spoon, add strawberries and rhubarb to batter and mix.
- Pour into uncooked pie shell.
- Mix topping ingredients with a fork, and sprinkle over uncooked pie.
- Bake at 375 for 50 minutes or until set.
- Top with whipped cream if desired.