1/4 Photos of Strawberry Rhubarb Custard Pie
1 hr 5 mins
This was my Grandmothers recipe, we all love it! You can adjust the sweetness by the amount of strawberries you add. You will need 3 cups of fruit in total, but if you want a more tart pie, use more rhubarb than strawberries. I have posted this with exactly 1/2 and 1/2.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups rhubarb, cut in 1 " pieces
- 1 1/2 cups sliced strawberries
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 uncooked pie shell
- 1Place rhubarb in a bowl and cover with boiling water for about 5 minutes.
- 2Meanwhile, with a mixer, mix sugar, egg, butter and flour until smooth.
- 3Strain rhubarb well.
- 4With wooden spoon, add strawberries and rhubarb to batter and mix.
- 5Pour into uncooked pie shell.
- 6Mix topping ingredients with a fork, and sprinkle over uncooked pie.
- 7Bake at 375 for 50 minutes or until set.
- 8Top with whipped cream if desired.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Strawberry Rhubarb Custard Pie
Serving Size: 1 (966 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2517.2
- Calories from Fat 1007
- Total Fat 111.9 g
- Saturated Fat 45.8 g
- Cholesterol 308.1 mg
- Sodium 1431.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 364.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 15.2 g
- Sugars 239.5 g
- Protein 24.9 g