Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Easy, tasty dessert. One of my favorites!
- 6 cups rhubarb, cut up
- 1 (3 ounce) box strawberry gelatin
- 3⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- In a 9 x 13 inch pan, place the rhubarb in the bottom.
- Sprinkle with the dry gelatin then sugar. Sprinkle the dry cake mix on top.
- Drizzle the melted butter over cake mix.
- Pour water on top of cake.
- Bake 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
- Serve with sliced fresh strawberries and or whipped cream.
My Mom always makes this dessert in the summer and it tastes delicious, especially since I don't really like the taste of rhubarb. It is excellent and very, very easy.