Recipe by MizzNezz
Strawberries and rhubarb, a yummy combination. A little whipped cream would finish this off nicely.
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 2⁄3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup chopped almonds
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 3 pints fresh strawberries
- 2 lbs fresh rhubarb, cut in 1 in pieces
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons dry tapioca
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated orange rind
Directions See How It's Made
- Topping: Mix all ingredients in a bowl.
- Stir just until mixture becomes crumbly.
- Filling: Cut strawberries in 1/4's; place in lg bowl.
- Stir in remaining ingredients and let stand 15 minutes.
- Lightly butter shallow 3qt baking dish.
- Pour filling into dish.
- Sprinkle with topping.
- Bake at 350* until bubbling (60-70 min).
- Cool on wire rack.