1 hr 5 mins
Alan in SW Florida's Note:
Since strawberries and rhubarb are a typical pair, a new twist is added to this crumble...an appealing topping of oats, sugar and pecans.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups strawberries, hulled and cut into chunks
- 2 1/2 cups rhubarb, cut into 1-inch pieces (about 5 stalks)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1Heat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Butter the bottom and sides of a 10-inch deep-dish pie pan.
- 2Prepare the filling: Combine the strawberries, rhubarb, and lemon juice in a large bowl. Mix together sugar and cornstarch in a small bowl. Add to the strawberry mixture; toss gently to coat all over. Spoon into the prepared pie pan.
- 3Prepare the topping: Place the oats, flour, dark-brown sugar, chopped pecans, cinnamon and butter in a food processor. Pulse with on-and-off motion until the butter is the size of peas. Do not over-process. Sprinkle the crumb topping evenly over the fruit in the pan.
- 4Bake in 375 degree oven until the crumb topping is golden brown, about 35 minutes. Cover the dish loosely with aluminum foil. Bake for additional 10 minutes or until heated through and bubbly.
- 5Serve warm with vanilla ice cream, if desired.
Browse Our Top Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Strawberry-Rhubarb Crumble
Serving Size: 1 (185 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 435.3
- Calories from Fat 157
- Total Fat 17.4 g
- Saturated Fat 7.8 g
- Cholesterol 30.5 mg
- Sodium 10.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 68.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 41.7 g
- Protein 4.7 g