Ginger adds a little spice to this classic combination. A nice change of pace from the ordinary. Be sure to look for crisp, brightly colored stalks of rhubarb.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup flour, all-purpose, divided
- 3 tablespoons flour, all-purpose, divided
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 4 cups strawberries, quartered if vaery large
- 4 cups rhubarb, sliced, 1/2 inch
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup oats, old-fashioned rolled (not quick cook)
- 3/4 cup walnuts, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/3 cup ginger, crystallized, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger, ground
- 1/2 cup butter, unsalted, melted
- powdered sugar
- 1Heat the oven to 375.
- 2In a large bowl stir together the sugar, 3 tablespoons of flour, cornstarch, and 1/4 teaspoon salt until blended. Add strawberries, rhubarb, lemon juice; toss to coat.
- 3Place in a 13x9 inch glass baking dish.
- 4In a medium bowl, stir remaining 1 cup of flour, oats, walnuts, brown sugar, crystallized ginger, ground ginger, nad remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt until combined.
- 5Stir in melted butter until moistened; srpinkle over fruit.
- 6Bake 40-45 minutes or until topping is a golden brown and fruit is bubbly. Cool 20 to 30 minutes; serve warm.
- 7Optional: Sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving.
Browse Our Top Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Strawberry-Rhubarb Crisp With Ginger-Oat Crust
Serving Size: 1 (2034 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 4528.7
- Calories from Fat 1488
- Total Fat 165.4 g
- Saturated Fat 66.8 g
- Cholesterol 244.0 mg
- Sodium 2048.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 731.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 50.8 g
- Sugars 443.7 g
- Protein 67.0 g