Recipe by Rita~
Sweet and tart. A nice way to use those beautiful spring berries.
Top Review by DramaQueen14
This was really good! I've made it twice, and used a 8x8 pan. I used 1/2C Splenda instead of sugar..and it was plenty sweet. I also used the juice of one orange instead of marmalade...and added a bit of cornstarch to thicken. The second time I made it I doubled the topping for an extra treat! I will definetly make this again!
- 4 cups rhubarb, sliced
- 2 lbs strawberries, hulled and halved
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup orange marmalade
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts
- 1⁄4 cup oatmeal
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 6 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the first 5 ingredients together set aside.
- In a deep pie pan spray with pam.
- In a food processor with a metal blade pulse all topping ingredients till crumbly.
- Toss all the fruit together again then fill pie dish.
- Top fruit with butter then crumb mixture.
- Bake in a preheated 350degree oven till rhubarb is tender about 45 minutes.
- Serve warm with a nice scoop of vanilla ice cream. Which would be on the juicy side. Or chill to firm up and serve.