Recipe by FreetoFeast
We love our sweets but unfortunately with diabetes in the family desserts can be problematic. This is a reduced calorie version of an old fashioned favorite. Bob's sells certified gluten free oats for those who are on a gluten free diet but can eat oats. This is a loose crisp that can be spooned , hot, over vanilla ice cream.
- 2 cups rhubarb
- 2 cups strawberries
- 1⁄2 cup oats
- 4 tablespoons Splenda brown sugar blend
- 1 tablespoon light olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. Mix the oats, oil, salt and 1 TBSP of the sugar in a bowl; set aside.
- 2. Cut strawberries and rhubarb into bite-size pieces.
- 3. Mix fruit with remaining sugar and pour into a baking dish.
- 4. Sprinkle oats on top of the fruit.
- 5. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.