1/8 Photos of Strawberry-Rhubarb Crisp
weekend cooker's Note:
The cool tang of plain yogurt is good with the fruit flavors of strawberry, and rhubarb in this crisp. A little flour is added to the sweetened fruit to compensate for its juiciness.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
FOR THE FILLING
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4-2 cups sliced trimmed rhubarb (1/2 inch)
- 1 pint strawberry, hulled and halved
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped candied ginger (optional)
FOR THE TOPPING
- 1Lightly butter a microwave-safe 10-inch glass pie plate.
- 2In a separate bowl, combine the sugar, and flour until blended.
- 3Add the rhubarb, strawberries, and candied ginger, if using, and toss to blend.
- 4Spread in an even layer in the prepared pie plate.
- 5In a large bowl, combine the brown sugar, flour, and oatmeal.
- 6Work in the butter with a fork until the mixture formscoarse crumbs.
- 7Sprinkle the mixture evenly over the fruit.
- 8Microwave uncovered on high power for 8 minutes.
- 9Turn the dish 1/2 turn and microwave 8-9 minutes longer, oor until the fruit is thickened and bubbly and the topping is crisp.
- 10Cool slightly before serving.
- 11Top each serving with a spoon of yogurt.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Strawberry-Rhubarb Crisp
Serving Size: 1 (149 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 264.2
- Calories from Fat 76
- Total Fat 8.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 20.3 mg
- Sodium 8.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 29.5 g
- Protein 2.9 g