Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is one of my absolut favorite early summer desserts. Garnish with a little Vanilla Bean Ice cream. To die for!!
- 4 stalks rhubarb, washed, and cut in 1-inch pieces
- 1 pint strawberry, washed, hulled, and thickly sliced
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 orange, zest of
- 1 orange, juice of
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup rolled oats (slow cooking)
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Mix all ingredients together and place in a buttered 2 qt casserole.
- Mix flour, oats, sugar, cinnamon and pecan together.
- Cut in butter until mixture is the size of peas.
- Distribute evenly over fruit.
- Bake at 350F for1 Hour.