Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
Make and share this Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp recipe from Food.com.
- 709.77 ml rhubarb, cut into small pieces
- 709.77 ml strawberries, cut into small pieces
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 314.66 ml flour, divided
- 2.46 ml cinnamon
- 236.59 ml brown sugar
- 236.59 ml old fashioned oats
- 1.23 ml nutmeg
- 118.29 ml butter, melted
- In large bowl combine rhubarb, strawberries, sugar, 1/3 cup flour and cinnamon. Put into to greased 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
- In another bowl combine remaining 1 cup flour with brown sugar, oats and nutmeg. Add butter and blend well. Sprinkle over rhubarb/strawberry mixture pat gently.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes in preheated oven.
This is the second time I've made this crisp, and I'm sure I'll be making it often. I did use an 8" square pan as suggested by others. It came out tangy and sweet and crunchy, just like a crisp should. --the second time I made this I didn't have any fresh strawberries, so used whole frozen strawberries (cut in half) and a few handfuls of frozen blueberries. Delicious again!
I love this recipe :) The only change I made was I substituted the flour in the strawberry rhubarb mix for tapioca. Just my preference.
This recipe was easy to make substitutions on, instead of sugar I used organic evaporated cane juice, instead of regular flour I used spelt flour, and instead of brown sugar I used Sucanat. I could have easily replaced coconut oil for the butter, but prefer the flavor butter gives. Anyway, it turned out great. The recipe itself is very easy and everybody loved it (even with the substitutions).