Recipe by Bonnie G #2
Got this on line from Tast of Home and it looks so rich and creamy yet refreshing. I think this would be great to make in early summer when rhubarb is readily available. There are several other recipes called this here also from Taste of Home but this is a little differant. I think I'll add a few drops of red food coloring to make it a little brighter and then use additinal slices of fresh strawberries to garnish the tops. I may even prefer to puree the rhubarb to get a really creamy texture. Prep time does not include chilling time
- 1⁄2 cup rhubarb, chopped
- 2 tablespoons sugar, plus 1 1/2 teaspoons divided
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons water
- 1⁄2 cup strawberry, sliced fresh
- 1⁄3 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 2 strawberries, fresh and sliced for garnish (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small saucepan, combine the rhubarb, 2 tablespoons sugar and water. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until tender. Transfer to a small bowl; cool to room temperature.
- Place strawberries and remaining sugar in a food processor; cover and process until pureed. Stir into rhubarb mixture. Fold in whipped cream. Spoon into two parfait glasses or dessert dishes. Cover and refrigerate until chilled. Garnish with additional berries if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
- Note: If using frozen rhubarb, measure rhubarb while still frozen, then thaw completely. Drain in a colander, but do not press liquid out.