Top Review by flower7
Very very tasty! I used scissors to cut up the ginger and next time I will cut it up smaller as I didn't like biting into the bits of ginger so much. Otherwise, this was excellent and it was nice to have another tasty recipe for rhubarb besides just rhubarb sauce. Thanks Bev!
- 2 lbs strawberries, halved if large
- 1 lb rhubarb, cut into 3/4 ", pieces
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons crystallized ginger, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 3⁄4 teaspoon lime zest
Directions See How It's Made
- Place 1 1/2 pounds strawberries and rhubarb in medium pot.
- Mix in sugar, ginger, lime juice, and peel.
- Cook over high heat until sugar dissolves, stirring often.
- Boil 4 minutes, stirring often.
- Reduce heat to medium; simmer just until rhubarb is beginning to fall apart, about 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in remaining strawberries.
- Chill until cold at least 1 hour and up to 1 day.