1/4 Photos of Strawberry Rhubarb Cobbler With Candied Ginger (oamc)
1 hr 10 mins
* Pamela *'s Note:
Adapted from "The best Freezer Cookbook" by J. Main.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cups fresh rhubarb, sliced (or frozen, slightly thawed)
- 2 cups strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup candied ginger in syrup, drained (reserve syrup)
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/4 cup butter, cold and cut into pieces
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
Ginger Creme Fraiche
- 1Fruit Layer: Combine rhubarb, strawberries, sugar, ginger and flour and pour into a 8x8 inch baking square.
- 2Topping: In a large bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.Cut in butter with a pastry cutter, or 2 knifes, until mixture resembles fine crumbs. Fold in sour cream until well mixed.
- 3Drop dough in 6 spoonfuls over fruit--it will not cover fruit entirely.Sprinkle with second amount of sugar.Bake for 30-40 minutes at 375 degrees, or until topping begins to turn golden.
- 4Serve warm with Ginger Creme Fraiche.
- 5Ginger Creme Fraiche: Pour whipping cream into a chilled bowl and beat with an electric mixer until soft peaks begin to form. FOld in sour cream and ginger syrup and mix well. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- 6To Freeze: After cobbler has cooled, wrap with tinfoil, label and freeze for up to 2 months. Ginger Creme Fraiche may be frozen in a freezer container or made fresh at serving time.
- 7To serve: Thaw both in fridge overnight. If desired warm Creme Fraiche before serving.
Browse Our Top Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Strawberry Rhubarb Cobbler With Candied Ginger (oamc)
Serving Size: 1 (148 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 308.0
- Calories from Fat 165
- Total Fat 18.3 g
- Saturated Fat 11.3 g
- Cholesterol 46.7 mg
- Sodium 179.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 15.5 g
- Protein 4.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
ginger in syrup