Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
This recipe uses a boxed cake mix and makes this fresh-fruit treat extra quick and easy. The recipe is from Family Circle.
- 6 cups rhubarb, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 (3 ounce) package strawberry gelatin
- 1 (9 ounce) package yellow cake mix, such as Jiffy
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons confectioners' sugar, for garnish
- whipped topping (optional)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees; coat an 11x7x2-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place rhubarb in the prepared baking dish and sprinkle with granulated sugar and then with gelatin.
- Sprinkle the cake mix over the gelatin and then drizzle with 3/4 cup water.
- Stir in the melted butter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack for 10-15 minutes.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Dust with confectioners' sugar and serve with whipped topping, if desired.