Recipe by Chef Luny
I was wondering what to do about a dessert and decided on cheesecake. I wanted alot of leftovers so I made the cheesecake into squares!! My first time making cheesecake and this turned out soooo melt in your mouth!! The taste is not rich like normal cheesecake. Its light and heavenly!
- 3 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup butter (melted)
- 4 (250 g) packages light cream cheese
- 4 large eggs
- 1⁄4 cup butter (melted)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons real maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 (540 ml) can strawberry rhubarb pie filling
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven 350 F.
- In a bowl, mix up the 1/2 cup melted butter and graham cracker crumbs until there are no dry crumbs left. In a 9x13 pan, pat the graham cracker crumbs down firmly. Bake for 15 minutes at 350f.
- Meanwhile as that is baking, In a large bowl whip up the cream cheese, add in sugar, maple syrup, 1/4 cup butter and vanilla. Add in one egg at a time and whip with electric hand mixer until all eggs are well blended.
- Take the graham cracker crust out of the oven. Place and spread evenly the cream cheese mixture and bake for 1 hour. You will want to check 30 minutes in and 15 minutes after. At 40 minutes it looks done but the middle is still raw. Dont be afraid to have darker edges, you'll not burn the cheesecake.
- Once the cheesecake filling is cooked. Chill for 3 hours. I put mine in the freezer with a towel underneath as it was really hot. Pour the pie filling over and spread evenly. Cut into squares once done!