Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Guess what the surprise is in this recipe? Kinda different...don't you think?
- 2 1⁄2 cups strawberries, chopped
- 3 cups raisins
- 1 tablespoon green onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon red onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger, fresh grated
- 2 tablespoons lime juice (fresh is best)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, fresh ground
- Toss everything together in glass bowl.
- Set aside on counter, covered, for at least an hour to allow flavors to meld.
I halved the ingredients but found there was way too many raisins which seemed to overpower the dish. I quartered the strawberries, maybe they needed to chopped finer and I thought the whole relish was a little a little dry. I am not sure of the life of this relish. I will try it again with only about 1/4 cup raisins.
This Relish is deliciousely different. 2 1/2 cups Strawberries and 3 cups raisins is the basis of this extraordinary relish! It combines the sweet flavors of strawberries and raisins with the sharp freshness of ginger and pepper. For me, it is an outstanding all-purpose relish. Try it pure - delicious. But try it also with roasted toast, seafood (e.g. tiger prawns), vegetables (e.g. caramelized green onions) or as a relsih for the next BBQ. You will find, it adds its own additional extra note to any dish you like, which you would not like to miss after the first taste. It is well suited for brunch, BBQ, as a starter of a dinner or even for breakfast. The recipe is easy to follow, I have nothing changed. It will be a big surprise for your guest to taste this delicacy. Yes, this relish is different, because it is delightful unique.