Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is the next best thing to strawberry shortcake. If you like strawberries, you'll love this.
- 1 box white cake mix
- 1 package strawberry Jell-O gelatin dessert
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 box frozen strawberries, thawed
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons strawberries
- 2⁄3-3⁄4 box powdered sugar
- Stir all the cake ingredients together.
- Add 1 large box frozen strawberries, thawed.
- Keeping back 3 T strawberries for the icing.
- Use a sheet cake pan, and bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes.
- For the icing: Mix together all ingredients.
- If too thick, add a little more juice or water.
This was a delicious cake! My store only had tubs and bags of frozen strawberries so I was not sure what to get since ounces aren't specified. I ended up buying a 32 oz. canister of sweetened frozen strawberries and used half of it in the cake batter. I wanted a lighter frosting, so I made one with 8 oz. of Cool Whip, a package of sugar free, fat free white chocolate instant pudding and about 1/2 cup of the thawed strawberries. This made a fabulous, cool topping. Thanks for this recipe. I will be making this cake often for summer.
After you bake the cake...poke radom holes 3/4's depth of the cake (use the handle of an old wooden spoon)...pour strawberry Jello mixed as you do for Jello Jigglers....You MUST do this while cake & Jello mixture are warm
Good flavor but I didn't like the texture it was a bit dry. Followed Karen =^..^= frosting recipe;it was also good but needs to be doubled.