For those of you who don't know what a reduction is, it's a sauce that's cooked longer than normal sauce. This allows the water of the sauce to cook off, leaving a more syrupy sauce. Anyway this works great for crepes and pancakes. I got this recipe just by experimenting with the filling while I was cooking the crepes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place all ingredients in a pot on low heat.
- 2Stir and let simmer for 5 minute.
- 3Repeat step 2 until sauce begins to steam.
- 4Turn heat to medium and stir.
- 5For a light sauce you want about 1 inch of sauce in the pot.
- 6For a thick sauce you want 1/2 inch of sauce in the pot.
- 7Drizzle over anything while the sauce is still hot.
Browse Our Top Sweet Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Sweet Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Strawberry Reduction Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (47 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 16.9
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 0.1 g