Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
For those of you who don't know what a reduction is, it's a sauce that's cooked longer than normal sauce. This allows the water of the sauce to cook off, leaving a more syrupy sauce. Anyway this works great for crepes and pancakes. I got this recipe just by experimenting with the filling while I was cooking the crepes.
- Place all ingredients in a pot on low heat.
- Stir and let simmer for 5 minute.
- Repeat step 2 until sauce begins to steam.
- Turn heat to medium and stir.
- For a light sauce you want about 1 inch of sauce in the pot.
- For a thick sauce you want 1/2 inch of sauce in the pot.
- Drizzle over anything while the sauce is still hot.