Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Translated from the German Pillsbury site: Knack&Back®
- 1 (16 ounce) package Pillsbury Grands refrigerated buttermilk biscuits (8 count)
- 12 strawberries
- 1 vanilla pod
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 tablespoons sugar (according taste)
- 24 tablespoons honey (or maple syrup)
- of fresh mint (to garnish)
- fresh strawberries (to garnish)
- Horizontally cut the biscuits so there are 3 layers from each of of the biscuit; carefully separate the layers (You will need 24 parts total).
- Place one strawberry in between two dough layers.
- Seal the outside edge of the biscuit to make the ravioli shape and make sure it is sealed tight.
- Hollow out the vanilla pod (reserve "insides") and bring the empty pod in a pot of water to a boil.
- Add the sugar, some salt and the zest into the water.
- Let the ravioli simmer in this water for about 10-15 minutes at medium heat.
- Drain the ravioli.
- Heat a skillet and add 4–6 tablespoons of honey or maple syrup together with the reserved insides of the vanilla pod.
- Add the ravioli and fry until yellow-golden or you can simply "glaze" the ravioli in the heated syrup mix.
- Arrange on a plate and garnish with fresh strawberries and mint.