Recipe by MizEmerilLagasse
This actually was a mistake on my part when I was going to make raspberry jam and found out that I didn't have enough raspberries to make it. I'm almost glad that I didn't though because then I wouldn't have made this great recipe.
Top Review by rysharen
This jam is wonderful I made it as the directions said except I do not turn my jars upside down in the first place. If they are going to seal they will without turning them upside down first.
- 2 (12 ounce) bags frozen raspberries, thawed
- 6 ounces frozen strawberries, thawed
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 5 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar
- 3⁄4-1 cup liquid pectin (1 1/2 of those little pouches)
Directions See How It's Made
- You will also need 6 (12 ounces) jelly or jam jars, boiled or washed in HOT soapy water, then rinsed in HOT water Smash the raspberries and strawberries and place them in a large sauce pot with the water.
- Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat then add the sugars.
- Turn heat to high and bring to a rolling boil, stirring often.
- Quickly stir in the pectin and let boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from the heat and ladle into the jars to about 1/2-inch from the top.
- Place the lids on tight and turn the jars upside-down for 15 minutes then turn them right side up.
- The jam will last for about 6 months in a cool, dark pantry and about 1 year in the refrigerator.