Recipe by LAURIE
Lots of recipes call for puree as an ingredient but dont tell how to make it....here is how!
Top Review by FrVanilla
I used fresh, picked by myself strawberries. Using fresh berries only works when they are in season. My 10 month old loved it as a dessert. I froze some for her strawberry birthday cake I will be making in September.
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash, dry, and stem berries.
- Place in food processor or blender.
- Process until liquid with pulp.
- If desired or needed, sweeten with sugar or honey.
- Use as a topping or in recipes calling for puree.
- Note: 1 pint berries will yield about 1 1/2 cups puree.
- Frozen berries can be used the same way, thaw for about 15 minutes before processing.
- Note: 1 pound package of frozen berries will yield about 2 cups puree.