Lots of recipes call for puree as an ingredient but dont tell how to make it....here is how!
Make and share this Strawberry Puree recipe from Food.com.
- Wash, dry, and stem berries.
- Place in food processor or blender.
- Process until liquid with pulp.
- If desired or needed, sweeten with sugar or honey.
- Use as a topping or in recipes calling for puree.
- Note: 1 pint berries will yield about 1 1/2 cups puree.
- Frozen berries can be used the same way, thaw for about 15 minutes before processing.
- Note: 1 pound package of frozen berries will yield about 2 cups puree.
I used fresh, picked by myself strawberries. Using fresh berries only works when they are in season. My 10 month old loved it as a dessert. I froze some for her strawberry birthday cake I will be making in September.
Tried it with fresh strawberries and was very disappointed in the flavor...not intense enough. May need strawberry preserves or some other thing to brighten flavor.
Easy and so many ways to use it! I used mine to make Strawberry Panachee. Thanks Laurie!