Recipe by CarrolJ
This is a all purpose Strawberry puree recipe which can be used as accent for many dessert recipes. It is also a good way to freshen fresh strawberries which are a little past their prime.
- 2 lbs unsweetened strawberries
- 1⁄2 cup granulated white sugar, to taste
- 1 -2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Process the strawberries in either a food processor or blender until they are pureed.
- Stir in the sugar until it dissolves.
- Add a little lemon juice at a time until desired taste acquired.
- May be refrigerated covered for 1 week to 10 days.
- It may also be frozen in ice cube trays then put into a plastic bag so they can be removed easily as needed.