Recipe by Linda's Busy Kitchen
These puffs are light and refreshing, and oh SO DELICIOUS!!! Serve with a sprig of fresh mint, to make it look pretty when your having guests, or sprinkle with a shake or two of cocoa or confectionary sugar. But.... Don't wait to have guests over for dinner to enjoy this lovely dessert!
Top Review by BettyBoopers
I love strawberries and the ones at the grocery store didn't actually look that bad for this time of year, so I picked some up to make this for my mother's birthday dinner. They were so good! The little puffs are so light and delicious, and it was the perfect ending to our meal. Not too heavy, just right! Almost like a strawberry shortcake but better because it doesn't weigh you down after eating a big meal!
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 tablespoons shortening
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1 quart strawberry, hulled
- 1 cup sugar, to taste
- 16 ounces heavy cream, whipped with
- sugar, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift together flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Blend in shortening.
- Add milk, and toss until just blended.
- Divide into 8 parts, place in greased muffins tins and flatten.
- Bake at 475, for 12 minutes.
- Mash strawberries with sugar.
- Whip cream and sugar, to taste, until soft peaks form.
- Remove puffs from pans, and let cool.
- Cut puffs in half through the middle.
- Place some strawberry sauce on each puff bottom.
- Top with whipped cream.
- Top with other half of puff, and more strawberry sauce.
- Serve immediately.