Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
A scrumptious dessert.
- 1 (17 1/3 ounce) package frozen puff pastry
- 5 cups sliced fresh strawberries, divided
- 6 (1 ounce) white chocolate baking squares
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄3 cup instant malted milk powder
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- strawberry syrup (optional)
- Thaw one puff pastry sheet (save remaining sheet for another use). Unfold pastry; cut lengthwise into three 3-in.-wide strips. Cut each strip into thirds, making nine squares. Place 1 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 400° for 11-13 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- Place 2-1/2 cups strawberries in a blender; cover and puree. Set aside. In a large microwave-safe mixing bowl, melt the white chocolate; cool slightly. Add cream cheese and vanilla; beat until smooth. Beat in the confectioners' sugar and malted milk powder until smooth. Stir in the puree. Fold in whipped cream.
- Split pastry squares in half horizontally. Line an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. dish with bottom pastry halves, cut side up; spread with 3-1/2 cups strawberry cream. Top with 1 cup of sliced berries. Cover with pastry tops, cut side down.
- Spread with remaining strawberry cream. Sprinkle with remaining berries. Drizzle with strawberry syrup if desired. Refrigerate leftovers.
I added blueberries when I made this for the 4th of July. Big hit!