Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I got this recipe from a newspaper back in Indiana. It's really easy, has few ingredients and it's delicious!
- 3 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter (original recipe calls for 3 tablespoons, I have reduced it as there was butter still standing when i) or 2 tablespoons margarine (original recipe calls for 3 tablespoons, I have reduced it as there was butter still standing when i)
- 3 cups quartered and stemmed strawberries
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 1 cup whipped cream
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine eggs, flour and milk; mix until blended.
- Heat 9" pie dish in oven 2-3 minutes or until butter melts.
- Immediately pour batter into pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until pancake is puffed and golden brown. Be sure to put on the top rack in the middle of your oven so it has room to "puff up.".
- Transfer pancake to serving platter.
- In medium bowl, combine strawberries and honey; toss to combine.
- Spoon mixture onto center of pancake.
- Top with whipped cream.
- Grated chocolate or cinnamon can be added on top of the whipped cream if desired.
Thank you for posting this! I've been searching for a simple recipe to recreate the puff pancakes my mother made when I was young. They were a special treat.
This was enjoyed by everyone. It puffed up a little unevenly, but that was fine. I baked it in a cast iron frying pan. I did sprinkle with a little cinnamon, and liked the flavor that added. Thanks, snugglebug...nice recipe!