Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is an easy and lovely strawberry dessert for 2 people...perfect for Valentine's Day! From the Chicago Tribune.
- 1 sheet puff pastry, from a 17 1/3-oz . package of frozen dough, thawed
- 2 teaspoons confectioners' sugar
- 2 cups hulled sliced strawberries
- 2 tablespoons sugar (to taste)
- 1⁄4 cup whipping cream, whipped with
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons strawberry liqueur (or framboise)
- Heat oven to 400°. Lay dough on work surface. Cut two 4-inch diameter circles or heart shapes, using cookie cutters or doing it free-hand (which makes it nicer, in my opinion!). Place on a cookie sheet. Press 1 teaspoons confectioners' sugar through fine sieve over pastry.
- Bake until well browned and sugar is somewhat caramelized, about 15 minutes. can be baked several hours ahead and kept at room temperature, uncovered.
- Toss strawberries and 2 T. sugar in a medium bowl. Refrigerate up to 3 hours.
- To serve: drain strawberries. Toss strawberries with whipped cream and liqueur, if using. Split puff cakes horizontally. With your fingers, remove some of the excess layers in the center of each half. Fill base with strawberries, dividing evenly (good time to give yourself more than your husband!). Cover with pastry top. Sieve remaining confectioners' sugar over each and serve immediately.