Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This quick, cool summer dessert is from the N.C. Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services. Directions are for individual dessert dishes, but if you wish, a 7 x 9 inch dish may be used instead.
- 2 1⁄2 cups prepared angel food cake
- 1 (6 ounce) box instant vanilla pudding
- milk, for pudding (amount called for on pudding box)
- 3 cups fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip
- Tear cake into small pieces and cover bottoms of 5 dessert dishes.
- Mix pudding according to directions on box; pour over cake.
- Spread fresh strawberries over pudding mixture.
- Top with Cool Whip.
- Refrigerate if not served immediately.
I made this dessert sugar-free by using sf pudding and angel food cake. It tasted very good. It did not keep well for the next day though. So enjoy on first day.