1/1 Photo of Strawberry Pudding
***Updated to fix all the kinks, tastes much better now*** I expanded on a simple blancmange recipe and adapted it to make it a special strawberry creation...since I now have a ton of strawberry Nesquik and want to be creative with it. And it turned out very yummy. :D It looks like it took a lot of effort but it didn't. This would probably make an awesome kid pleaser as well. NOTE: Cooking time does not include cooling/setting time. Vegans and the lactose-intolerant-- if you use soymilk, rice milk, almond milk, etc. this will not set. You may want to try a tofu-and-blender approach instead.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a medium saucepan, mix the milk together first with all the ingredients EXCEPT the egg whites and vanilla, with a wooden spoon or whisk. Don't turn on the heat yet.
- 2Whisk in the egg whites to the mixture, make sure there's no lumps.
- 33Carefully fold in the vanilla, making sure there's no lumpiness once again.
- 4Now turn on the heat to medium-high and whisk while it's heating, uncovered.
- 5Let stand for about a minute until it starts to boil. Keep mixing, and let the heat continue until the mixture thickens.
- 6When it thickens to a good pudding-like consistency, turn the heat off, and keep beating it with the wooden spoon or whisk to beat any lumps out and disperse the flavors properly.
- 7Pour into individual serving cups/ramekins/giant serving bowl whatever your choice is.
- 8Make sure you wrap the entire open area(s) with clingwrap! This is important to make sure an icky skin or gelatin-like consistency doesn't happen. (Props to Molly from Cooking Q&A for this tip, it really worked! :) ).
- 9Let set for at least 3 hours in the fridge prior to eating.
- 10Top with some whipped cream and enjoy! (Especially that Reddi Whip strawberry stuff for an intense berry overload.).
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Strawberry Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (149 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 174.4
- Calories from Fat 35
- Total Fat 3.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 14.9 mg
- Sodium 155.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 14.8 g
- Protein 5.3 g