Recipe by ~Nimz~
Simple and delightful. Prep time does not include chilling. From the Lead Apron cookbook.
Top Review by LZAK
This didn't turn out at all the way I expected. I was hoping for a more creamy, silky texture and this recipe turned out very rubbery, almost like a sponge. I liked the simplicity of the recipe, but I think next time I will try a strawberry custard.
- 2 (3 ounce) envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1⁄4 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 quart fresh strawberry, cleaned and sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 5 cup blender sprindle unflavored gelatin over water and let stand 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add hot milk and process at law speed until gelatin is completely dissolved, about 2 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients and process at high speed until strawberries are pureed.
- Pour into eight dessert dishes and chill until set.