Prep 3 mins
Cook 0 mins
Entered for safe-keeping. From Bettina Newman RD and David Joachim's "Lose Weight the Smart Low-Carb Way", received in February 2009 Cookbook Swap. If you have a Vita-Mix, all ingredients can be processed in one batch. Possible substitutions: frozen blueberries for the frozen strawberries; pear, peach or mango nectar for the orange juice.
- 12 ounces frozen unsweetened strawberries, quartered (16 large strawberries)
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 2 cups orange juice (or 1 1/2 cups orange juice and 1/2 cup seltzer)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup unflavored protein powder
- Combine half of the berries, yogurt, orange juice, vanilla, and protein powder in a blender and process until smooth, thick, and creamy, 1-2 minutes.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients.
- Serve cold.
Very tasty strawberry smoothie. In so many smoothie recipes, banana can overpower the flavor of the other fruits. In this recipe it is all about the strawberry. I cut the recipe in half for 2 servings. I didn't have quite enough orange juice but had some strawberry nectar I had bought for another recipe which I used to make up the difference. I used soy protein power. Very good! Thank you for the recipe.
We had this with both raspberries and strawberries - it was good both ways
A nice breakfast. I didn't have protein powder so used flaxseed and nutritional yeast. Thanks!