Recipe by Kirste
This is the alternate for Frosty Strawberry Squares. My dad and his brothers argue over which is best.
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 cups pretzels, crushed but not too fine
- 3⁄4 cup margarine or 3⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) carton whipped topping, thawed
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 (6 ounce) package strawberry gelatin
- 2 1⁄2 cups boiling water
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen strawberries
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix sugar, pretzels and margarine in a 9x13 inch pan.
- Bake 15 minutes at 350 degrees (will look bubbly).
- Set aside to cool.
- Cream softened cream cheese.
- stir in powdered sugar.
- fold whipped topping into cream cheese mixture.
- fold marshmallows into cream cheese/whipped topping mixture and spread over baked layer.
- dissolve gelatin in water.
- stir in strawberries and chill until slightly thickened.
- spread over cream cheese layer and chill.
- this is good to make the day before.