1 hr 15 mins
In ‘Southern Plate’ by Christy Jordan
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 cups crushed pretzels
- 1/3 cup margarine
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar or 1 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 (13 ounce) carton frozen whipped topping, thawed (Cool Whip)
- 2 (3 ounce) boxes strawberry Jell-O gelatin dessert (you can use sugar free)
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen sliced sweetened strawberries
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2In a large bowl, mix the crushed pretzels, margarine and 3 tablespoons sugar.
- 3Press into the bottom of a 13 x 9 inch ovenproof casserole dish.
- 4Bake for 10 minutes.
- 5Remove from the oven and cool completely.
- 6In another large bowl, mix the cream cheese with 1 cup sugar; add the whipped topping and mix well.
- 7Spread over the cooled pretzel crust.
- 8Dissolve the jello in the boiling water; add the frozen strawberries.
- 9Break up the strawberries with a fork as they begin to thaw, while stirring.
- 10Chill until slightly thickened.
- 11Pour over the whipped topping layer.
- 12Chill until set.
- 13Cut into squares to serve.
Browse Our Top Gelatin Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Strawberry Pretzel Salad
Serving Size: 1 (227 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 534.8
- Calories from Fat 186
- Total Fat 20.7 g
- Saturated Fat 11.6 g
- Cholesterol 20.8 mg
- Sodium 837.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 82.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 43.4 g
- Protein 7.9 g