Prep 0 mins
Cook 1 hr
A crisp salty pretzel crust complements the creamy marshmallow-fluff-like "white" layer, with a tangy topping of strawberries in gelatin. Much like a strawberry cheesecake, but with the surprise of pretzels! For best results, make Strawberry Pretzel Jell-O only one day in advance, to preserve the crunchy texture of the pretzels.
- 473.18 ml pretzels, crushed (about 4 cups)
- 177.44 ml butter, melted
- 59.14 ml sugar
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 226.79 g cream cheese
- Cool Whip
- 2 (170.09 g) package strawberry Jell-O gelatin dessert
- 453.59 g package frozen sweetened strawberries
- 473.18 ml boiling water
- Crust: Combine pretzels, butter, and 1/4 cup sugar. Press into 9" x 13" baking dish and bake at 350 for 10 minutes. Cool to room temperature.
- White Layer: Cream together cream cheese and 1 cup sugar.
- Fold in Cool Whip. Spread over pretzel crust.
- Red Layer: Dissolve gelatin in boiling water.
- Stir in frozen strawberries, Chill until partially set (about 1 hour) and spread over white layer.
- Chill until set and serve.
This is a family favorite. To save time, get the jello started first, using the quick-set method on the box.
I made a variation of this recipe after a friend brought it to our baby playgroup. It's delicious and a perfect summertime dessert. Salty, sweet and refreshing!
I have tried this dessert many times, just never had the recipe, now I do!!!! It is wonderful!