Recipe by Texas_Mom_of_5
If you like "sweet" and "salty" all at one time, you will love this dessert! This dessert may be made 1 day ahead.
- 2 cups crushed pretzels
- 3⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 8 ounces cream cheese (room temperature)
- 8 ounces Cool Whip
- 2 (3 ounce) boxes strawberry Jell-O gelatin dessert
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 pint frozen sweetened strawberries (thawed)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix crushed pretzels, butter, and 1/2 C sugar. Pat into 9"x13" baking dish. Bake at 350 degrees for 8 minutes. Beat cream cheese, 1 C sugar, and Cool Whip together and spread on top of pretzel crust. Dissolve jello in 2 C boiling water. Add strawberries; chill until slightly set. Pour the jello mixture over the cream cheese mixture. Chill until hard.