Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
Another recipe from the farm where we pick our strawberries. We made this last year and it was delicious!
- 6 cups strawberries, cut up
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 (1 3/4 ounce) box Sure-Jell
- 2 (3 ounce) boxes strawberry Jell-O gelatin dessert
- 1⁄2 cup water
- Combine strawberries sugar and water. Boil for 25- 30 minutes.
- Add jello and sure-jell. Cook 2 minutes.
- Scoop off foam with a metal spoon.
- Put in sterilized jars. Turn upside down to seal or put in a cool water bath.
This was very easy to make and set very nicely. Hubby thought they were good. Tasted too much like the jello and not enough like real strawberries for my taste.
Fantastic Strawberry Preserves! I only had 2 1/2 cups of sugar, and it turned out great. This is even better than store bought. Thank you.
Ive tried a few different ones on this site over the last few seasons & this one BY FAR is the best Ive ever had. It keeps its bright fresh color & taste with the secret ingredient jello. not to mention aiding in the jelling process which I found troublesome with others recipes being too runny or solid.I think it can be a home made smuckers knock off! I rate it a 5 star