Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Moist and gooey, these fruit-flavored cupcakes will be a hit with sweethearts of all ages. Try our suggestions for icing and topping your cupcakes to add a gourmet look or a sentimental message. Recipe Source: Home Made Simple
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) packageof moist strawberry cake mix
- 2 cups sour cream
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup strawberry preserves
- 24 paper baking cups
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line 2 muffin pans with paper baking cups.
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, sour cream, eggs and water. Stir with a spoon and/or whisk until well blended.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups 1/2 full with batter. Using a spoon, make a slight indentation in the center of each cup; fill with a heaping 1/2 teaspoonful of strawberry preserves.
- Spoon remaining batter evenly over each filled cup; covering preserves. (Muffin cups should be about 3/4 full).
- Bake for 20-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. If toothpick goes through preserves, it will not come out clean.
- Cool for 1 minute and remove from pan. Cool completely before adding icing and toppings as desired. Store in the refrigerator.
- Topping Options: Add your favorite icing: Cream cheese icing, strawberry frosting or white confetti icing are all perfect for your cupcakes and festive for the holiday. For a special touch, try one of these topping suggestions:
- White chocolate shavings. Use a vegetable peeler to create white chocolate shavings using a thick, room-temperature bar of white chocolate.
- White icing is your canvas. With red or pink decorative icing, write fun messages or draw hearts on the white icing.
- Candy toppings. Top your icing with red cinnamon candies, mini chocolate chips, conversation hearts or even try sticking strawberry flavored licorice or hard candies in the top.
I have made this recipe twice,First time half of the cup cake stuck to the paper,second same thing happened.Any ideas what cause this,First time I used Betty Crocker cake mix ,second time Pillbury cake mix.. It was a big waste,as out to the garage it went..
Nice cupcakes! A very cute treat. For the topping I used just a dusting of powdered sugar. Everyone enjoyed them. Thanks for sharing :)