Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe makes a poppy seed dressing and a green salad with strawberries. Combine the two for a unique salad option
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon poppy seed
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, torn into bite size pieces
- 1 bunch fresh spinach, washed, stems removed
- 1 (16 ounce) package fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced
- Make dressing by whisking together the mayonnaise, sugar and vinegar in a small bowl. Stir in the poppy seeds; Set aside.
- Toss together the lettuce, spinach and onion in a large bowl. Drizzle the dressing over the salad and toss to coat. Add the strawberries and lightly toss again. Serve immediately.
- I buy the spring mix from Sam's Club or if you have lettuce in your garden, I then omit the iceberg lettuce and the spinach. You could also use green onions or the onions from your garden (use the green tops). Enjoy.