Recipe by jneen
I made this for my women's group last night. It's a compilation of several recipes. Everyone loved it and asked for the recipe. You could add chicken or boiled shrimp to make it a main dish.
Top Review by Vseward (Chef~V)
This salad ROCKS! I love the combination of tomatoes, walnuts and mozzarella cheese! The dressing is FAB, and made it so easy to whip this salad up. I ran out to my local strawberry stand to get the freshes for this salad. YUM! Will definitely make again. Thanks for another great recipe jneen! (Made for Spring PAC-09)
- 1 head romaine lettuce, washed and torn into bite sized pieces
- 1 (6 ounce) can mandarin oranges, chilled and drained
- 6 ounces strawberries, hulled & sliced
- 6 ounces mozzarella cheese, cubed into bite size pieces
- 6 ounces cherry tomatoes or 6 ounces grape tomatoes
- 6 ounces coarsely chopped walnuts, toasted in the microwave
- 6 ounces creamy poppy seed salad dressing (I used Brianna's) or 6 ounces your own homemade poppy seed dressing
Directions See How It's Made
- Toast the walnuts in the microwave for about 2 minutes but watch carefully. Cool slightly.
- On a large platter layer the romaine.
- Scatter the drained mandarin oranges over the romaine.
- Scatter the strawberries next, be sure to put some along the sides to look pretty.
- Scatter the mozzarella over the above.
- Scatter the cherry or grape tomatoes over all.
- Top with Walnuts.
- Pour dressing over top and serve chilled.