I made this for my women's group last night. It's a compilation of several recipes. Everyone loved it and asked for the recipe. You could add chicken or boiled shrimp to make it a main dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 head romaine lettuce, washed and torn into bite sized pieces
- 1 (6 ounce) can mandarin oranges, chilled and drained
- 6 ounces strawberries, hulled & sliced
- 6 ounces mozzarella cheese, cubed into bite size pieces
- 6 ounces cherry tomatoes or 6 ounces grape tomatoes
- 6 ounces coarsely chopped walnuts, toasted in the microwave
- 6 ounces creamy poppy seed salad dressing (I used Brianna's) or 6 ounces your own homemade poppy seed dressing
- 1Toast the walnuts in the microwave for about 2 minutes but watch carefully. Cool slightly.
- 2On a large platter layer the romaine.
- 3Scatter the drained mandarin oranges over the romaine.
- 4Scatter the strawberries next, be sure to put some along the sides to look pretty.
- 5Scatter the mozzarella over the above.
- 6Scatter the cherry or grape tomatoes over all.
- 7Top with Walnuts.
- 8Pour dressing over top and serve chilled.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Strawberry Poppy Seed Salad
Serving Size: 1 (186 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 318.0
- Calories from Fat 228
- Total Fat 25.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 22.4 mg
- Sodium 188.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.5 g
- Sugars 7.4 g
- Protein 12.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
poppy seed salad dressing