Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
...for the Strawbery Swap, 2005
- cooking spray
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups strawberries, halved
- 1 1⁄2 cups nonfat vanilla yogurt
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon rum
- 1 tablespoon orange rind, finely grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- To prepare sauce, mix yogurt, sugars, rum, orange peel, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Refrigerate overnight to blend flavors.
- To prepare popovers, spray 9 compartments of muffin tins (medium sized) with cooking spray.
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat milk, eggs, and melted butter til combined. Add flour and salt. Beat til smooth.
- Fill the cups half full with batter. Bake in a 400° oven for about 35 minutes or til very firm and crusts are glossy and golden brown.
- Immediately after removing popovers from the oven, use the tines of a fork to prick each popover to let the steam escape. Turn oven off. For crisper popovers, put them back into the oven for 5 minutes.
- Remove from cups. Top with strawberries and sauce.