This wonderful moist cake is bursting with strawberry flavor! Plan ahead the cake chilled for about 2 hours before frosting, use as much strawberries as you like for the top :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Set oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Grease a 13 x 9-inch baking dish (set oven rack to second-lowest position.
- 3In a large bowl beat prepare cake mix as directed on the box using water, oil and egg whites.
- 4Transfer to a baking dish and bake for stated time on box.
- 5Cool completely on wire rack for about 1 hour.
- 6Pierce cooled cake with small-holed straw at 3/4-inch intervals.
- 7In a heat-proof bowl mix gelatin powder with 1 cup boiling water until no granules remain, then add in 1/2 cup cold water; mix to combine.
- 8Carefully pour mixture over the entire top of the cooled cake.
- 9Chill for at least 2 hours before topping.
- 10Top with desired frosting then arrange sliced strawberries over the top of the cake.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Strawberry Poke Cake
Serving Size: 1 (87 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 215.8
- Calories from Fat 36
- Total Fat 4.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 327.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 28.9 g
- Protein 2.4 g