Prep 30 mins
Cook 14 mins
Only four ingredients make up this yummy pastry with strawberry preserves tucked inside. Dust with confectioners' sugar after baking and wait for the raves to begin. Yield is just an estimate. Found on another website.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup strawberry preserves
- confectioners' sugar
- Combine softened cream cheese and butter, mixing until well blended.
- Add flour and mix well.
- Roll out dough to 1/8" thickness on lightly floured surface.
- Cut into 2 1/2" rounds with cookie cutter.
- Place on cookie sheet and put 1/4 tsp of preserves in center of each circle.
- Moisten edges with cold water and fold in half.
- Seal edges.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 14 to 16 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar before serving.
These were fabulous!!!! I used blackberry jam, because it's what I had on hand. The only thing I would change next time is to make them bigger!!! They all were gone in a matter of an hour. Between my 3 year old and his daddy, they were scarfed down..lol. Thanks for a great recipe. Not to mention so easy to make!
This sounded so good and so easy. Unfortunately, I had some difficulties preparing this (user error probably) and the taste was not what we expected. The dough came together fairly quickly, yet was sticky and a bit difficult to work with. I got 36 pockets, using 3 inch diameter rounds. It took 20-25 minutes of baking before they even began to brown. The end product seemed rather doughy with a strong butter taste. I think we expected something a bit crisper.