Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
I am definitely a pie person, and there is nothing like a fruit pie in the summer time. Stone fruits are so delicious, and berries complement them so well.
- 1 (15 ounce) box refrigerated pie crusts
- 2 lbs plums, pitted, cut into 1/2-inch-thick wedges
- 1 quart strawberry, trimmed and quartered
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄2 cup cornstarch
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 egg
- Place baking sheet on center oven rack. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Fit single pie crust into a 9-inch pie pan.
- Mix fruit, 1 cup sugar, cornstarch and cinnamon; spoon into pie shell.
- Place remaining pie crust over fruit; flute edge. Cut slits and top and prick with fork to release steam. Brush on egg; sprinkle with remaining sugar.
- Bake on sheet 1 hour, 20 minutes or until bubbly. (If crust browns too quickly, shield with strips or pieces of aluminum foil.).
This pie was so wonderful... even my picky daughter loved it.... My 2 grandkids (7 and 4) loved it and was ready to do battle with my hubby for it. Thanks for a great recipe!!!