Recipe by JackieOhNo!
I am definitely a pie person, and there is nothing like a fruit pie in the summer time. Stone fruits are so delicious, and berries complement them so well.
Top Review by Chrissyd76
This pie was so wonderful... even my picky daughter loved it.... My 2 grandkids (7 and 4) loved it and was ready to do battle with my hubby for it. Thanks for a great recipe!!!
- 1 (15 ounce) box refrigerated pie crusts
- 2 lbs plums, pitted, cut into 1/2-inch-thick wedges
- 1 quart strawberry, trimmed and quartered
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄2 cup cornstarch
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 egg
Directions See How It's Made
- Place baking sheet on center oven rack. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Fit single pie crust into a 9-inch pie pan.
- Mix fruit, 1 cup sugar, cornstarch and cinnamon; spoon into pie shell.
- Place remaining pie crust over fruit; flute edge. Cut slits and top and prick with fork to release steam. Brush on egg; sprinkle with remaining sugar.
- Bake on sheet 1 hour, 20 minutes or until bubbly. (If crust browns too quickly, shield with strips or pieces of aluminum foil.).