Recipe by Chef Roly-Poly
I received this recipe in an e-mail from a friend. I didn't find one like it on the Zaar, so I decided to post it for safe keeping.
Top Review by Muffin Goddess
I'm sad to say that this didn't turn out very well for me. I had made it on Saturday to bring to Mom's house for Easter dinner. It looked great when I finished assembling it and put it in the fridge to chill, but by the time I took it out on Sunday to take with me, it had become very liquid because the macerated strawberries kept making more juice overnight. After the car ride to Mom's house, all the toppings were just a blended drippy mess. My family is pretty good about trying stuff when I make it for them, even if it's not so cute, so the upside is that we did eat it and found out that it tasted really good. Unfortunately, if I had been serving this to anyone other than my immediate family, I would have been too embarrassed to put it on the dessert table because of it's appearance. I think for this to be successful, it either needs to be served really soon after assembly (it was a bit soft then, but it looked very pretty), or the strawberries should be added simply sliced (no sugar, no microwaving). I wish I had thought to take a photo when I had first made it, but I was waiting until I could take a picture of a cut piece instead, which I didn't end up doing for obvious reasons. It's worth a re-do, because it really does taste good, but there definitely needs to be change made to lessen the amount of strawberry juices for this to be 100% successful presentation-wise. So sorry I don't have a better review for this, Chef Roly-Poly. Still, thanks for posting! Made for PAC Spring 2013
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 7 ounces sweetened condensed milk (Half of a 14 oz. can)
- 4 ounces Cool Whip (half of an 8 oz. tub)
- 1 lb confectioners' sugar
- 2 pints strawberries, sliced
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 13 1⁄2 ounces strawberry glaze
Directions See How It's Made
- Place strawberries in microwavable bowl. Sprinkle with sugar and microwave for 1 minute and set aside.
- Meanwhile, mix together graham cracker crumbs, margarine and 2 Tbsp sugar. Press evenly into 13x9 inch cake pan and bake for 8 minutes at 350°F Cool completely.
- Whip together cream cheese, sweetened condensed milk, cool whip and confectioners sugar and spread mixture over crust. Top with strawberries and spread glaze over berries. Refrigerate overnight.
- Cook time is for crust.