Prep 7 mins
Cook 18 mins
I'm always looking for new ways to use strawberries. We grow a lot of them and it's our favorite fruit. This is a very good way to use them!!
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 2 cups crushed strawberries
- Cream butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Beat in egg and extracts.
- Combine dry ingredients.
- Add to creamed mixture.
- Cover and chill 1 hour.
- On floured surface, roll out dough to a 13 inch circle.
- Place on ungreased pizza pan.
- Build up edges.
- Bake at 350* for 18 minutes.
- In mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and powdered sugar.
- Spread over cooled crust.
- Arrange sliced strawberries on top.
- In sacepan, mix sugar, cornstarch and crushed berries.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes, until thickened.
- Cool for 10 minutes.
- Spoon over sliced strawberries.
- Chill until serving.
This is best if you keep it in the refrigirator oernight, as it sort of compresses a little, allowing the flavors to meld. Delicious, and beautiful!!!!
I made two of these for my big memorial day pizza party, and it was so good! I probably should have made double! Thanks for a great recipe!
This stuff is soooo good! It was easy to make and I wouldn't change a thing.