Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Haven't tried this recipe yet. Clipped it from my aunt's "Farm Bureau" magazine. The picture in the mag looked so good, I knew I'd definitely make this soon.
- 1 (21 ounce) can strawberry pie filling
- 4 eggs
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple with juice
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Evenly coat a 13x9x2" pan with cooking spray.
- Evenly spread pie filling over the bottom of the pan.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs.
- Stir in cake mix, pineapple with juice and butter.
- Blend until well mixed.
- Pour batter over filling.
- Sprinkle evenly w/ almonds, if desired.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into center of cake comes out clean.
- Let cool for 10 minutes.
- Invert cake onto serving platter and serve warm.