Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
From All New Cookbook For Diabetics and Their Families
Make and share this Strawberry-Pineapple Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (1/3 ounce) package sugar-free strawberry gelatin
- 3⁄4 cup boiling water
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen unsweetened strawberries, partially thawed
- 1 (8 1/4 ounce) can crushed pineapple, water-packed undrained
- 1 medium banana, mashed
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- Dissolve gelatin in boiling water in a large mixing bowl, stirring well.
- Chill until mixture is the consistency of unbeaten egg white.
- Fold strawberries, pineapple and banana into gelatin mixture.
- Pour half Of mixture into a 13 x 9 s 2" baking dish coated with cooking spray; chill until firm.
- Store remaining gelatin mixture at room temperature.
- Spread yogurt evenly over congealed layer.
- Pour remaining gelatin mixture over yogurt.
- Chill until firm.
- Cut into squares and serve.
This was good but I used 2 boxes of strawberry banana jello to make the bottom layer thicker. I topped this with cool whip and my grandkids really enjoyed it.